Library advisory committee
Since the Library has to cater to the needs of variety of stakeholders, a wide range of books are to be stacked in the library. In addition to this, for smooth functioning of library, safe guarding the interest of the library users, formation of policies and their implementation, a Library Advisory Committee is constituted.
Functions and Responsibilities of the Library Advisory Committee:
- To facilitate coordination between students, faculty and the library. That is to obtain the advice and views of students on library needs in their area and report these views to library.
- Participating in regular meetings with librarian concerning library related problems and suggestions.
- To adopt measures to enhance readership and to seek feedback on library functions from readers.
- To help in getting recommendations for purchase of new books, journals and magazines for updating the library collection
- To formulate policies and matters pertaining to Central Library/Departmental Libraries.
- To formulate rules, regulations and guidelines for purchase of books and journals.
- To facilitate the process of purchase of books and journals as per the demand from individual faculty forwarded through HoDs.
Composition of Library Advisory Committee
|Sr.No.||Name of member||Designation||Post|
|1.||Dr. V. K. Deshmukh||Principal||Chairman|
|2.||Mr. A. A. Shingare||Librarian||Secretary|
|3.||Dr. V. B. Ghawate||Professor||Member|
|4.||Dr. P. B. Mohite||Associate Professor||Member|
|5.||Dr. R. B. Pandhare||Associate Professor||Member|
|6.||Dr. A. R. Pawar||Associate Professor||Member|
|7.||Mr. A.A. Aher||Asst. Prof||Member|
|8.||Ms. M.B. Bhalake||Student||Student representative|
|9.||Mrs. V. S. Jadhav||Asst. Prof.||Co-ordinator|